From April 2012 schools have been required to publish information annually, showing how they comply with this equality duty. Schools are also required to publish objectives linked to this duty at least once every four years. In complying with this duty, we are therefore committed to promoting strategies, opportunities, policies and procedures that will help us:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- remove or minimise disadvantages;
- take steps to meet different needs;
- encourage participation when it is disproportionately low;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- foster good relations across all protected characteristics – between people who share a
protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
You can see a copy of our statement and how we comply with this duty here.