From April 2012 schools have been required to publish information annually, showing how they comply with this equality duty. Schools are also required to publish objectives linked to this duty at least once every four years. In complying with this duty, we are therefore committed to promoting strategies, opportunities, policies and procedures that will help us:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation;
- remove or minimise disadvantages;
- take steps to meet different needs;
- encourage participation when it is disproportionately low;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- foster good relations across all protected characteristics – between people who share a
protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Please click here, you can view a copy of our Public Sector Equality Duty Statement on our Policies page.