- Setting the Academies vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Executive Principal to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy and making sure money is well spent.
Community and parent representatives form part of our LGB. They are an important link between the local community, parents and the Academy. Parents of pupils at the Academy can elect parent representatives and express their views and make suggestions about the Academy to them.
The Local Governing Body for the 2018 / 2019 academic year is:
- Julie Collins – Chair of Governors / Trust Governor (appointed March 2019)
- Karen Burns – Executive Principal (appointed September 2015)
- Louise Byrne – Associate Principal (appointed September 2015)
- Rebecca Booth – Assistant Principal (appointed September 2015)
- Ceri McBurnie- Staff Governor (appointed September 2015)
- Nalini Bhagat – Parent Governor (appointed January 2017)
- Lesley Fowler – Community Governor (appointed March 2018)
- Margaret Sidebottom – Community Governor (appointed March 2018)
- Emily Morris – Parent Governor (appointed May 2019)
The following committees report to the Local Governing Board:
- Finance and Resources
- Pay Review
- Staff and Pupil Wellbeing
Governors are required to declare any business interests which they or any member of their immediate family have.
This is a declaration of any personal or business interests they or any relative or person closely connected with them, have with businesses or other organisations that may have dealings with the academy. If any interest a governor has could be seen to cause a conflict of interest they would be asked to withdraw from any decision making concerned. This is to ensure that our governors can always be seen to be putting the interests of the academy first.
You can contact the Chair of Governors, Julie Collins through the Academy office on 0161 339 7822 or by email@example.com
If you would like to help the Academy and share your expertise by becoming a Governor please contact the Executive Principal via the Academy office who can tell you more about what the roles involves.